been meaning to write this for a while since i get to see so many people every day, most of them at my office building are so elegant and very polished, but there are a few misses.. and when i go out, i see the ultimate fashion crimes everywhere! i dont understand is it me who thinks that these things are a fashion faux pas or are people really clueless or do they simply not care what others think of what they’re wearing? i donno, i think everyone should at LEAST be color coordinated and neat. anyway.. Here goes my list of donts:
1. oversized clothes: why??? why do u wanna wear jeans 3 sizes larger and have it land on your lap thinking you’re the new homie in the fereej! or wear a super XXXlarge shirt when you’re a size 10 petite girl? you really dont HAVE to wear second skin, but something fitting not something that can fit your whole neighbourhood!
2. The couple-of-sizes-tighter-jeans: as opposed to point 1 but still talking bout wrong fits, why cant people familiarize themselves with their REAL size? we do not need to see your love handles escaping your jeans looking like a muffin top coz you still think you can fit into size 8 jeans! you dont, live with it!
3. The Mommy Jeans: bleh! the most stuck-in-the-80s, unflattering look ever for such a gorgeous material! if you’re a mom, and have your kangaroo pouch, invest in a boot leg cut jeans, they will give you height, and if they are dark in color, they will make you look thinner, as opposed to the Mommy Jeans that will only grab attention at the belly area and even if you dint have one, it will create it with all the creases. (couldnt find a picture for the mom jeans, but you know them! waist up to the neck, million creases in the front, and tapered down to the ankles! eww!)
4. tye dye.. i personally love them, but only when they are one color in different shades blended nicely, or at most 2 colors that really go well together. the look of a rainbow throwing up on you isnt funky..
5. revealing shoes on ugly toes: please PLEASE spare the world the horrific sight and invest in mules or something! ugly toes are such a turn off yuk! if you have it flaunt it, thats the saying, if you dont, please itteb3o maqoulet il rasoul: itha buletum fa istatirou! and definetly no pics! eww!
6. caked makeup at 10 AM: less is more really. especially with makeup. i see little 16 year old having 10 kgs of makeup in the mall. IT DOES NOT COMPLIMENT YOUR FEATURES! the marilyn manson look is a complete no-no people! makeup should highlight your best features, or hide any blemishes or breakouts or excess freckles or anything you find unappealing and would like to hide it softly. i just wish people would use it wisely! (zhe2et ma bidi 7o6 pic!)
7. VPL and VBS: yes, visible panty lines and visible bra straps. need i say more? (no pics!)